Over the next few months I'm going to be sharing some interesting facts about customer service, customer loyalty, customer satisfaction and customer retention. Here are my second set of interesting facts, including the source.
1. A dissatisfied customer will tell on average 9 to 15 people about their experience. And on average 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people. (White House Office of Consumer Affairs).
2. Customers who get their issue resolved tell about 4 to 6 people about their experience. (White House Office of Consumer Affair).
3. 70% of buying experiences are based on how the customer feels they are being treated. (McKinsey).
4. 55% of customers say would pay extra to guarantee a better service. (Defaqto research).
5. It costs 6 to 7 times more to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing one. (Bain & Company).